𝖵еtѕ ⱳоrk tһе𝗂r ѕосkѕ оff fоr tⱳо аnԁ а һаⅼf һоurѕ tо ѕаvе ԁоɡ аftеr ԁ𝗂ѕсоvеr𝗂nɡ һаԁ eeаtеn 44 ѕосkѕ.

Baffled vets finally managed to solve why a Great Dane was off his food – after discovering the 10-stone pooch had eaten 44 socks.
The unnamed pet had been vomiting and retching for several weeks, leaving his owners worried something was seriously wrong with the giant German breed.
However when they took him to their vet in Portland, Oregon, staff immediately smelt something was afoot.
Dr Ashley Magee of the DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital took the three-year-old dog for x-rays only to find “a lot of foreign material in his stomach”.
And it was only during his two-and-a-half-hour operation that they discovered the Great Dane’s penchant for his owner’s socks.
A source close to the hospital said: “It was just incredible.
“Over the years we’ve seen animals swallow all manner of things but nothing like this before.
“He had a collection inside him any sock shop would be proud of.
“The operation went very smoothly and he has made a full recovery.
“The owners were unsure how he kept getting them but because of his height it was plausible he was helping himself to the top drawer.
“When the hospital finally counted how many socks he had swallowed it was 43 and a half so somewhere in the house is a toe or heel he just didn’t fancy.”
The owners have asked not to be identified, which means the dog’s name is not being released either.
The incident happened in February but only recently became public after the animal hospital submitted the dog’s x-ray for a tongue-in-cheek industry award, said spokeswoman Shawna Harch.
Despite their entry DoveLewis only came third in the competition behind the £1,000 winner – a frog that ate more than 30 rocks and a dog that ate a shish kabob skewer.

Hits: 0